Home Phone
Help with your Virgin Phone line
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Loss of landline dial tone

We had a power cut in our village today and now I have no dial tone on my landline. This happened a few months ago and required an engineer visit. The fault was a blown fuse in the street box.

paulguk1 by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Landline mess.

About a week ago my land line stopped ringing, outgoing calls worked ok.  And caller display would come up briefly but no ringing.   Tried a different phone, same thing.Called VM ( on hold for 45 mins),  and was told they would send me an adapter and...

Andyc42 by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

TV and landline cable cut

Was cutting the hedge and cut through the wire, neighbours tv and landline isn't working what number do we phone to get it fixed?   

20230712_113139.jpg

Resolved! Ghost calls

Hi. I have seen loads of complaints about these Ghost Calls. I have a BT 4000 hands free phone and receive at least 15 of these calls per day, most of them between the hours of 12.05 and 7.35 with a few others during the day and evening. It appears t...

sharon95 by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Port Virgin landline to a virtual landline provider

My contract with Virgin is coming to an end and I have asked to switch to a BB and phone line 30 day rolling contract and cancel my TV services. But I want to port my landline to a virtual landline provider as well.Problem is on this forum I read “If...

timmie by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove master socket

As we have gone over to using the hub for the phone  can I remove the master socket to make my wiring more convenient?

Fibre telephone switchover

I’ve received a new router in time for my switch over to fibre phone service. I’ve also been given my switchover date. I’m assuming I can set up the new (replacement) router now in advance of the tge switchover?(I realise I don’t connect the phone li...

Emergency Backup Line - Non emergency numbers

Hi,My elderly parents have been provided with an emergency backup line. When the home phone rings, both the EBL and the main home phone, ring. It also dials out, to regular non emergency numbers. I did an experiment and unplugged the router and the p...

hm155155 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

No number calls back again

HiHad a hub 5 since Oct 22 with no number calls. VM suggested a change to a 4, which I agreed, calls stopped, then found that my 4 was a 3! VM changed it for a 4. Initially ok. Yesterday afternoon the no number calls returned!Looks like the ghost has...

Landline switchover - Charge for engineer visit

My hub is in the office, but as the telephone is in another part of the house, I requested that an engineer come to do the necessary rewiring. When he arrived, he thought it was for some other reason, but when I explained what the call was really for...