Email
For all Virgin Media Mail questions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Sending email using your own domain

Introduction Email is evolving new methods to combat spoofing of email addresses.  While there used to be no checks on what email servers can be used by particular domains, that is no longer the case. Consequently when sending using your own domain u...

smtp2go_namesco_spf_dkim_3
ravenstar68 by Very Insightful Person
  • 0 replies
  • 16 kudos

Orphan Email accounts

IntroductionThis information applies to all four Virgin Media Email domains.virgin.netvirginmedia.comblueyonder.co.ukntlworld.comCustomers are increasingly coming on the Forum's after having email accounts locked/deleted.  This post looks at one of t...

• 0 replies
  • 81 kudos

Outgoing Authentication Issues? - Check Email Logs

IntroductionThere have been a number of threads on the boards lately where people have been seeing the password prompt pop up when trying to send e-mails.While the symptom is the same for many users, there are actually a number of possible causes.Bro...

outopt.JPG tbirdsave.JPG
  • 0 replies
  • 22 kudos

Ravenstar's Email FAQ's

The aim of this thread is to collate some of the stickies I have made in the past into one thread. In here you will find the following FAQ's Understanding Email Block ListsSPF, DKIM, and DMARC explainedGeneric/Dynamic host names prohibited - an expla...

• 8 replies
  • 7 kudos

Problem with secondary account user e-mail

For two days my partner has not been able to access her e-mail account. The message simply says " Your e-mail password was incorrect " .No matter what we do we cannot get around this. We have tried deleting the account on one device and restarting -s...

Neil-J by Tuning in
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Locked out

I was on my webmail, deleting a lot of mails that had been sent regarding replies to the 'loss of email' topic, when all of a sudden, a 'You've been locked out' page came up, 'because of security you need to change your passwords' ....come on VM, you...

carol5-4 by Dialled in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Close hacked email acct

Does anybody know how to terminate an old Blueyonder email account that is not associated to a VM account? It has been hacked but I cannot find any mechanism for logging on to delete the account etc..

JoStart1 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Email still not working

I cannot access my vm email account and new contract from o2 registered to that email address? Not sure if I should name the account but it is a secondary email address with error message.

phammond2 by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

No webmail

So after having no access to webmail at all since 20th June I get it back for 25 minsish tonight so I am frantically trying to deal with my emails. Yeh guess what I’m locked out again!

Password reset

Following the recent email outages I have managed to regain all my email accounts apart from my [REMOVED]@virginmail.com which does not recognise the password and tells me to phone in but your system has no facility to handle this and cuts me off. Th...

Oscar109 by On our wavelength
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Second ntlworld email problems

Has the latest email problems been resolved yet?My primary email account seems to be working ok but nothing happening on my second email account???Any help would be appreciated, thanks

JaneG1 by Tuning in
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos