cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to set Holiday Notice

simmyb
Tuning in

I have been trying to set a holiday notice but was unable to. 

Previously, I would click on the cogwheel, select 'emails' and there would be an option for 'Holiday Notice'. This option sems to have disappeared.

There is a clickbox for 'Vacation notice' but when I click on this (or anything else) I get the 'Server Unreachable' pop up, along with a 'Unable to load your vacation notice. Please retry later.' pop up.

This has been the case since before Christmas and was very inconvenient over the Xmas break!

The 'Server Unreachable' also pops up every now and then, but broadly everything else seems OK, sending and receiving emails etc.

I have tried on various computers/laptops/phones on WIFI and Mobile Network but the result is the same. 

Anyone else getting this? I'm going away in a few weeks and would really like to set an Out Of Office message!!

83 REPLIES 83

simmyb
Tuning in
P.S it's and old ntlworld.com account...

simmyb
Tuning in

Can anyone help with this?

This is the screen when I click on Settings (i.e Holiday notice no longer an option below email)

simmyb_0-1672996848482.png

simmyb
Tuning in

And this is when I click on Vacation notice. As I have said, this is the same on several machines and whether on Wifi or mobile networks...

simmyb_0-1672997087734.png

Hi @simmyb,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Sorry you're having some issues setting up Holiday Notice.  Could you confirm you have tried the below steps:

How to set an Out of Office message

1. For laptop/desktop click the cogwheel icon or for Mobile tap the top right circle icon and select Settings
  2. Then select > Email > Holiday notice
  3. Tap the slider so it slides to the right with a green background
  4. Write your Out of Office message and set when you want it to send
  5. Tap Apply changes
  6. To turn if off again, return to the same screen and tap the slider to the left, then select Apply changes again 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I did follow those steps (tried to) but as you can see from my screenshots, 'Holiday notice' was not shown as an option below 'Email'. 

I don't understand what has happened as the option was always there in the past as I have set an Out Of Office message many times in the past...

Hello simmyb.

Sorry the above steps didn't help.

There is another way to access Holiday Mode.

Open up webmail in a browser

Top right is a VIEW option with an arrow pointing down, click on that arrow and at the bottom will be a vacation notice.

Hope that helps.

Gareth_L

Thanks Gareth, but same problem I'm afraid. The Vacation Notice option is there, but when I click on it, it comes up 'Unable to load your vacation notice. Please retry later.' and 'Server Unreachable'.

It has been the same for a month now....

Thanks, Simon

simmyb_0-1673432709493.png

Thanks for your reply @simmyb, sorry to see that this is still not working. Have you been able to try this on an alternative device to see if this helps? Have you also been able to try clearing the cookies and cache?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thanks for your message Nathan. I have tried on my phone, tablet, laptops and desktop with no success!