Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
Dave_t87

WI-FI Security WEP KEY

My Internet has been un-secured for a long time and I would like to change this!!

I don't know my WEP key, how do I get hold of it, it is not on my netgear router.

I have a number of computers on my network, I just want to anyone outside of my house being able to use it.

Any help appreciated

Dave

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
imvinod_ibm

Re: WI-FI Security WEP KEY

plzz let me know the model num of the netgear router..it is only a router or a hub(modem+router)???

Woods are lovely,Dark and deep..
But i have a promise to keep....

And miles to go before i sleep,
And miles to go before i sleep......
Please use plain text.
Brainbox
DRH1210

if your network is un secured, then there is no need to worry about not knowing your wep key. just log onto the router and you will be able to set up security there. suggest you dont use wep unles you have old devices which do not support WPA2

I work for Virgin Media, but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Dr. Yes
John_O

Hi Dave_t87,

As advised by our previous posters, you would be better using WPA or WPA2 rather than WEP, it is much more secure. You will need to login to the router to do this. If you need any help doing this I would suggest running a google search or contacting Netgear (as the router you have was not supplied by us).

Regards,

John O

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Dave_t87

Thank you for the help,

much appreciated

Dave:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.