Menu
lindzi
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

v+ recordings

Hi
I have a series link for The Following and had 3 episodes to watch. After watching the first one I deleted the episode but the v+ deleted both the first and the second (unwatched) episode.

Is there anyway to get it back or is it, as I expect, gone forever?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: v+ recordings

Hi lindzi,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear episodes 1 + 2 of The Following have been accidentally deleted. I appreciate this is an inconvenience for you as you haven't yet seen the second one.

I'm afraid there's no way of recovering the show. I've checked and it's not on our On Demand service yet either.

I'm absolutely gutted for you and I apologise for this once again.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
lindzi
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. Never mind i did think that it was lost but worth an ask.

Watched episode 3 and had no idea what was going on but i think it'll be good so i will keep watching.

Gotta love kevin bacon....keep expecting him to do a little dance #footloose
0 Kudos
lindzi
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Rah!!!!!! I absolutely hate this v+ box!!!!!! Recorded The Following episode 4..."sorry there seems to be a problem with this recording" so will not play. Go to watch rookie blue "sorry there seems to be a problem with this recording"
And it goes on. I am paying nearly £90 per month for this rubbish, just for xl tv and no premium channel, it really is a bit of a liberty.
0 Kudos
alistairgd
Up to speed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just a quick note in accidental deletions, if you have a TiVo box recently deleted programmes are stored in a temporary folder from which they can be recovered if required.

Another reason the TiVo is worthwhile...
0 Kudos
lindzi
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the heads up re the tivo. Just getting to the end of my tether with the cost of it all and after paying over the top the equipment doesn't work. My v+ deleted the unwatched ep of its own accord and now ep 4 looks like it has recorded but wont play (along with other progs).

Just having a vent. I should upgrade to the tivo but contemplating binning tv all together and getting Now Tv and Netflix so don't want a new contract until I have made up my mind. Mmm what to do!?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi lindzi,

Thanks for getting back to us and I'm sorry to hear that further recordings have been affected. 

I will be happy to help get this sorted for you.

I will send you a private message with further details.  (Look for the envelope icon above.)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
lindzi
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thank you for your help. I have messaged you back.

I wonder if the series link of The Following is the source of the problem as it all started there but I am the first to admit that I have no clue on this stuff.

0 Kudos