Menu
VMViewer
Superfast
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

truTV on Virgin?

What's going on Virgin?

New TV channel truTV launched today on Freeview, Freesat and Sky... but not Virgin, yet!

truTV's website says Virgin are getting it: http://www.trutv.co.uk/en/faq

What's with the delay, we're always the last!

jamesgarethmorg
Joining in
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: truTV on Virgin?

Yes Virgin - whats that all about.  For the first time on UK TV we can get Connan - but not if you're with Virgin.  Doh.

I rang up to ask - and was told they could not give me a date when it is to start.

Great service virgin - up with the kids - right - not!

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Again you assume because a channel appears on other platforms it will automatically appear on Virgin. This is not the case. Virgin is a pay platform with no free channels, so it's not just a case of the channel "buying" space on Virgin. A price for carriage, or if the channel wants a cut of subscription income has to be negotiated, if indeed the channel wants to join Virgin in the first place.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
GaryMcEwan
Joining in
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

The VM Facebook team have stated that is should already be on the EPG.  If not they have advised to reboot the box and if it's still not there to give 150 a call.

'Hi Gary, thanks for coming by, give it 24 hours if there's nothing by the end of the day, give the box a reboot and give us a call on 150/ 0345 454 1111. Ben H'

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Apologies, this appears to be a human error, and we've corrected it on Facebook.

".... I'd thought that this was something we have but this isn't anything we have as of yet. If we have any further announcements we'll shout about it here http://virg.in/custnews So sorry for the confusion..."

https://www.facebook.com/virginmedia/posts/891692537510772?reply_comment_id=892107837469242&total_co...

Sorry about this.

Best,

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
GaryMcEwan
Joining in
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

So where are TruTV getting this information from then?  As their own website does state that it's available on all platforms including Virgin Media?

0 Kudos
VMViewer
Superfast
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

Again you assume because a channel appears on other platforms it will automatically appear on Virgin. This is not the case. Virgin is a pay platform with no free channels, so it's not just a case of the channel "buying" space on Virgin. A price for carriage, or if the channel wants a cut of subscription income has to be negotiated, if indeed the channel wants to join Virgin in the first place.

What a rude reply... I have never assumed that a channel that appears on other platforms will automatically appear on Virgin, in fact quite the opposite!

It's been known for many months that this channel was coming so it's frankly embarrassing that Virgin haven't concluded negotiations in time for the launch, and it's not the first time this has happened.

londonbubble
Joining in
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

So when is it likely to be resolved? I can't be the only Conan fan with a Virgin subscription wondering why we're not getting access to this new channel. Sort it out!

0 Kudos
TivoFan
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I have to say that think "sort it out" is also a rather rude response; like yours satisfaction is the only thing that is important.

Well I've been waiting for them to "sort out" UniversalHD for longer than you've been waiting for this channel.

The difference being that I know these things take time and negotiation.

No-one is automatically entitled access to every channel that appears.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Existing customers who wish to get a better deal should call 150 then select Option 1 then 4 then 5, "thinking about leaving us".
0 Kudos
BigStu78
Joining in
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

The fact that a channel listing on Virgin media was given in an interview with Conan on radio 2's Steve Wright show would indicate that the channel was ready to launch. Obviously Virgin had other ideas. Channel 245 according to Steve Wright. 

0 Kudos