Menu
donnapyatt04
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

smart card invalid?

Bedroom box is saying invalid smart card ref 3010 it's in the kids room and it's not been used for a few week. It's been like this now for at least a week
Canary one help please?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: smart card invalid?

When a box is off for some time, it gets de-activated from the cable network.

You can either wait here for a couple of days until the forum staff respond or call in your problem to get the box re-activated and working again.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As a rule of thumb, leave the box on overnight (in standby) at least once a week to prevent the same issue happening again.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wait up to three days for a response from a member of the favicon.png Forum Team here (they can sort it.) Or pop a call in about it - do so by ringing 150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> Enter the menu -> Option 2 (Faults) -> Report a T.V. fault. Let it do any automated checked if prompted, it will eventually put you through to an agent. Ask them to send signals down to the problem STB.

You can also ask for support via the web chat between 8AM to 8PM M-Sa from a desktop or laptop: TV -> Loss of my TV service -> Chat online. If it says all agents are busy, reload the page every 3 minutes and check again. Ask for signals to be sent down to the problem STB.

Edit: Fast responses Cat Very Happy

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi donnapyatt04,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your V+ box.

I've located your account and sent a signal to the V+ to update it. Can you give it a reboot (off at the mains for 1 minute then back on) and let me know if the message clears?

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out