Menu
keith21
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

remote extender recomended by virgin

hi anyone recommend a remote extender that be suitable for a Samsung virgin media TiVo box, which is easy to fit .

Can you put the TiVo box in a closed shelf area of 5 inches high and 20 inches wide would this overheat does it have a fan built in to keep it cool?

Thanks for any info on this topic, I did look at previous posts but they all seem to be old 2012/2013

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: remote extender recomended by virgin

Hi Keith21,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community, welcome back Smiley Happy

I've had a read and I can see that you've mentioned an extender for the TiVo, can you let me know a little more about why you're seeking one?

I can say that the TiVo's do have a small fan that can cope and I whilst I'm not able to give you specifics on suitable dimensions for storing it, I would recommend just placing your hand on the box every hour or so, to check if it's getting warmer or not at all Smiley Happy

Stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
keith21
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben , I wish to put the TiVo box into a cabinet ikea type besta burs ,this unit has a shelf closed at the front. The back of the shelf is open for ventilation. With it being enclosed I presume the remote will not work .

I have seen a Neet ir extender on Amazon probably twice the price of other generic models available, but gets good reviews and feedback says it works with sky and virgin boxes . Its powered by usb & I see on my samsung TiVo box it has 2 usb ports so presumably it will power up.

thanks for the reply

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Keith21,

Cheers for coming back and letting me know Smiley Happy

I'm not as savvy on the extenders as I'd like to be with the boxes, as we've never needed to recommend them in the past. Have you tried using the services in the shelf already?

Many thanks.

Ben

0 Kudos
keith21
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No not tried yet, I have re-arranged layout of room hence remote will not be firing into a range of TiVo box , I will be testing the Neet Extender later in week and will let you know how things workout ,

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Keith21,

Thank you for staying in touch, i'd certainly love to see how things go once you've got the extender in the home. I hope that this works out and speak to you again soon Smiley Happy

Ben

0 Kudos