Menu
woollykc
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

pixelation of TV service

Hi All, seems like there is a great deal of problems with pixelation.

I have been having anintermittent total loss of TV with either severe pixelation on all channels or complete lack of picture with an error message "there is a problem with the signal on this channel. etc (W02)" for the last 3-4 months.

I have called the telephone helpline numerous times who have been pleasant but their advice has not helped. Rebooting the box doesn't help, in fact it takes longer to reboot as there is no signal. We've had two engineer visits and all my equipment has been given a clean bill of health. Each time I ring, the telephonist doesn't seem to know about all the other times I've called with makes me extremely frustrated. The fault occurs randomly, day or night lasting only seconds to overnight and on one occasion a couple of days. One operator was also able to tell me that 80 boxes were down that were connected to our local cabinet. The engineers both have checked the cabinet and changed connectors but the intermittent problem remains. Nothing seems to be being done to rectify the situation. one engineer told me that he had heard of other customers in my area who were having the same problem. Why are the telephone operators not kept up to date with problems? Why is that the only recourse for them is to send an engineer? By the time they arrive 2-3 days later the situation  has resolved and no error shows. When the service breaks down, that's when you need an engineer. I've spoken to a supervisor tonight so hopefully the problem has been escalated but tonight I have now been without TV service for 80 mins. 

a very disgruntled VM customer

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Morkjc
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: pixelation of TV service

I'm having a Issue with a channel not coming on Universal +1 with code W02 aswell

rebooting or resetting the Tivo box hasn't resolved this on advice from customer support

seems they don't want to know,its only this channel no others

0 Kudos
woollykc
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Seems to me that if they don't want to know we should walk. VM won't like losing business!
0 Kudos
Morkjc
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I am stuck with them as I have No BT line in the home, so would have to pay for a line install

BT did want my business, but would Not fit the line for free

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi woollykc,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you've had ongoing intermittent service on the TiVo®.  I have taken a look to see what can be done and I see you have an engineer calling round which is great to see.  I can see that this is a senior engineer too so hopefully this will get sorted for you now.

Please keep me posted on how you get on, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
woollykc
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As predicted the signal and hardware checked out no problems. Engineer made a few phone calls but no one knew of any outages and weren't particularly helpful (to his dismay!) but he did change the splitter outside so we'll see if that makes any difference. Watch this space.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time to let me know woolykc

Keep an eye on things moving forward, if the issues continue then we'll look to further escalate this for you.

Take care

craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
woollykc
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It happened again this morning about 8:20 for approximately a further 20 mins. No idea how long it had been going on for up to then. Anyway called the help desk again. They contacted the network team and I'm told it has been escalated so finally after 6 months of intermittent problems somebody seems to be listening.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi woollykc,

Thanks again for updating us and keeping us in the loop.

I'm glad to hear this is being escalated, please keep us posted of your progress.  We're here to help if you need us.

All the best.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
taffies
Settling in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

i had this problem and i had a technician to come around and check, he did all the necessary testing and stuff, just said that it could be a problem with the one of the tuners that isn't working as the tuner that was recording to didn't record properly with me and changed my box, you need to stick too guns and ask for a replacement box
0 Kudos