Menu
pholford
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

multiroom

What is the cheapest way to get multiroom?

just been quoted £6.50 per box per month and £45 installation!

I already pay almost £100 a month for my package. The woman on the helpdesk couldn't care less. I would of thought loyal customers would be treated better than this. Am i better off just ditching and going to Sky or BT. The customer service can't be any worse.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: multiroom

pholford wrote:

What is the cheapest way to get multiroom?

just been quoted £6.50 per box per month and £45 installation!

I already pay almost £100 a month for my package. The woman on the helpdesk couldn't care less. I would of thought loyal customers would be treated better than this. Am i better off just ditching and going to Sky or BT. The customer service can't be any worse.

That sounds reasonable to me, £6.50 isnt alot of money for an extra box and £45 is a good price to get a technician out to drill and run cables to another room.  How much do you expect to get this for?

0 Kudos
pholford
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

When it's free installation and £1.65 a box per month for new customers I think it is unreasonable!
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Its not £1.65 per month for new customers, they pay the same for extra boxes like anyone else, besides you already have had your free installation, you could have got an extra box then for no extra install fee.  Should virgin continually visit peoples houses to add/remove boxes free of charge?

Sky charge £60 for an extra multiroom box after your initial free installation and £11.25 extra per month

0 Kudos
pholford
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It is £1.65 this is/was online 2 days ago and was confirmed by the woman on the help desk. She said the £6.50 a month is basically the rental of the box. That's over £70 for the box after just 1 year and it's the basic box not TiVo.
I'd happily pay for the installation but if you think that £6.50 a month on top of that is good value then you're either retarded or you earn a lot more than me.
0 Kudos
pholford
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I've just found a box online for £20 new and a guy my local area Facebook page said he can set it up for £25.
He works for Virgin and he says its a rip off!!
I rest my case.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

he can't set it up for you and it wont work on the VM network unless its linked to your account and sent from VM.

No engineer will install for you off the books as they wont be able to add it to the system.

0 Kudos
pholford
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I'll be interested to see what happens then.
A lot of Virgin staff on here. Ha ha
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

if its a hacked box you just told your provider your steeling services. if you want the service pay if not dont have it
0 Kudos
pholford
Joining in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Who said it was hacked box?
I've not even bought it yet.
I'm just trying to get value for money.
How is paying £6.50 a month for box rental value for money?
As I have said before, I don't mind paying Virgin for installation but charging £6.50 a month on going isn't value for money ontop of the installation fee.
In 5 years I'd have paid over £1000 for the boxes!
0 Kudos