Menu
ffoeg
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

ld04 error

Hi

I am getting an Ld04 error on my daughters V+ HD box, is there anything I can do about this please?

thank in advance

Geoff

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: ld04 error

These boxes are old now and often this error results in replacement. But there's a few things you can try.

Make sure the white coax cable is screwed in tight both at the V+ box and at the wall. Re-insert the smart card. Switch off for 10 minutes then switch back on and leave it a few hours as sometimes they take ages to boot up.

Ask your daughter to check the service status for her area to see if there's any issues. Either on My Virgin Media or by calling up.

It's also possible that if it hasn't been used for a while it's been deactivated, in which case your daughter needs to ring up and speak to faults to get them to re-activate it. Only takes a few minutes.

If after doing the above it's still not working it probably needs replacing. Your daughter can ring Virgin free on 150 from her landline and speak to faults. They'll test everything from their end and either send a replacement box or an engineer. If the box is replaced, it will be a TiVo or a V6 as V+ boxes are no longer carried. She will lose her recordings.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited

All Replies
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

These boxes are old now and often this error results in replacement. But there's a few things you can try.

Make sure the white coax cable is screwed in tight both at the V+ box and at the wall. Re-insert the smart card. Switch off for 10 minutes then switch back on and leave it a few hours as sometimes they take ages to boot up.

Ask your daughter to check the service status for her area to see if there's any issues. Either on My Virgin Media or by calling up.

It's also possible that if it hasn't been used for a while it's been deactivated, in which case your daughter needs to ring up and speak to faults to get them to re-activate it. Only takes a few minutes.

If after doing the above it's still not working it probably needs replacing. Your daughter can ring Virgin free on 150 from her landline and speak to faults. They'll test everything from their end and either send a replacement box or an engineer. If the box is replaced, it will be a TiVo or a V6 as V+ boxes are no longer carried. She will lose her recordings.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi ffoeg,

Thanks for coming by and welcome to the community. Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today with the V+ box?  If you're still getting this error let me know and I will be happy to help further.  

As av-115 has mentioned it's worth checking the coax cable (Think white lead) is screwed only tightly.

Keep us posted on your progress, we're here to help.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos