Menu
craigsaf
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

error 6093

Hello

Two weekends back we ordered a film from On Demand to watch over the weekend but got the error code 6093 every time we tried to view it. Restarting/rebooting the box didn't solve the problem.

The weekend passed and we never got to see the film but have been charged for it. Can anyone advise what to do? Trying to contact Virgin Media is hopeless. Is there a way to contact them by phone or email that doesn't involve going through their tedious menu system for hours at a time. I haven't even been able to find an email address for customer services. Is there such a thing or is it all done via FAQs and forums now?

All I want is the chance to view the film again or get a refund.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: error 6093

Hi craigsaf,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you got this error when ordering a movie.  I know how annoying that can get when it happens.  I'll be glad to help check this out for you.

Have you had this error again since?  If so it would be great to know more about it.  If not, could you please tell me the name of the movie you ordered and I will check to see if there is a fault with that asset here?

If all has been ok since and you get this error again, you can contact our online chat team via Contact Us, select TV > TiVo > Chat online

You can report the fault to us anytime and we can help with the fault aspect, we're unable to deal with credit queries due to data protection reasons.  

Let me know how you're getting on Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
craigsaf
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Collette

We only experienced 'error 6093' when trying to watch the film San Andreas two weekends ago. We had ordered the film but got the message each time we attempted to watch it. This happened all weekend.

We haven't tried ordering a film since.

We just want to either be refunded or have a credit for a film to watch in the future.

Why is it so difficult to get matters resolved like this? I appreciate your help but phoning Virgin is such a waste of time and you never get through to speak to anyone.

Can you advise me what I need to do?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi craigsaf,

Thank you for your quick reply Smiley Happy

In regards to credit for the film ordered, if you give our online team a go they can help and hopefully you can get through ok.  

In regards to the fault, this error is usually down to high demand occurring at the time. Sometimes if you try multiple attempts to watch it may work but will usually happen during peak times.  The network is being monitored and improvements being made so we can prevent this from happening again, this can take some time.

I'm sorry for the disruption caused.  If it does happen again in the future, if you have no luck getting through on 150, give our online chat team a buzz via the link given.  You can report the fault to us here no problem, we just wouldn't be able to handle any credit issues.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
craigsaf
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, can you give me a link for the online team. There's no email for any customer support or is it done through this forum too?

0 Kudos
craigsaf
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Collette, do you have the link for the appropriate dept please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craigsaf,

Thank you for you reply and coming back to the Community.

you can contact our online chat team via Contact Us, select TV > TiVo > Chat online Smiley Happy

Let me know how you get on.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos