Menu
jthomas0099
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

coaxial cable

Hi - the coaxial cable that leads from the wall into the virgin router box has come out of the router box and will not go back in - the pin looks bent at the end? Is this easily fixed or do I need to get another cable fixed in. Have been trying to get in touch with virgin for a few days without any luck, but perhaps this is something that can easily be fixed myself? thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: coaxial cable

Not something you should be messing with, as trying to make modifications yourself could cause issues with the local network. If you cant get through to faults via the phone, one of the Forum Team here should be able to book an engineer visit if you are prepared to wait for a response.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
jthomas0099
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

okay thanks for that - perhaps they can send me another cable in the post? If not an engineer could come out but they probably only would come during working hours. Have been with Virgin for absolute years and have never really had any problems at all and desperate for my internet! Very disappointed with not being able to get through to anybody on the telephone though. okay shall I just wait for a response for a visit? Thanks very much for your help I appreciate it
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jthomas0099,

Welcome to the Community!

I've had a little peek at your account and I can see you've had a technician out to fix this for you. Is everything alright now?

Let me know if you need anything.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jthomas0099
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks yes all is fixed :-)  even though it took 2 days to get through to Virgin...once I did they were amazing and came out same day.  Anyone having same problem then you do need an engineer as the coax cable is attached to the router and so I had to have a new router put in (which  is a much better router and faster)   thanks for all the help and thanks to Virgin for a speedy efficient job (once contact finally was made!!)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jthomas0099,

That's awesome! Always nice to see a happy ending!

Come back to the Community any time you need a hand.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos