Menu
mickandchris
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What UHD channels has Virgin got

I am about to buy a new TV and considering a UHD set. Have you got any 4K content or will you be offering any in the near future?

Thank you Mick and Chris

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: What UHD channels has Virgin got

Best source for 4K at the minute is Netflix, then Amazon. or retail UHD Blu-Ray.

As the TiVo is not capable of 4K output, until that is addressed, you wont see 4K broadcast delivered by VM

0 Kudos
mickandchris
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

Thank you for reply, a bit disappointed though. 

Mick and Chris

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Thanks

Hi Mick and Chris,

Thank you for coming in and posting about the new 4K TV you've bought Smiley Happy 

We're always looking to improve the TV services and with the growing interest of 4K, I'm sure that in the future we'll be working to accommodate for this. Whilst I may have no time for this currently, it's something that I'm sure we can all enjoy in the future. 

If there's anything that I can do in the meantime, please let me know.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
sammy01
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Best hurry up then, since one of your main competitors told me they will be transmitting football in 4K in time for the new season in August.

Virgin should at least be posting some definite news by now, as consolation.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

One of their main competitors was supposed to start 4K streams last December. Has not materialised yet....

Maybe VM should just work away and deliver them instead of making hollow promises. You never know whats happening behind the scenes with VM. But as they've just hired a new head of content, I'm sure well see some interesting developments..

0 Kudos