Menu
ColinTaylor
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V+ box can't access recorded programs or delay TV

When I go into delayed TV the screen shows the usual message and the V+ box indicates "Delay TV" but it doesn't actually delay the picture. If I try to come out of delayed TV it asks me to confirm, which I do, but it still has the "timer" logo on the screen. If I try again the same thing happens.

When I try to play a recorded program it looks like it's about to start, the box displays the 00:00 timer, but nothing happens. Afterwards if I return to normal TV I can't change channels anymore until I reset the box.

I tried calling 150 and they got me to turn the box off and on again (which I had previously done multiple times). This made no difference so they said it would be escalated the networks and fixed within 24 hours. I'm not convinced (based on past experiences) that this call has really been escalated and even if it has it doesn't sound like a network issue as it appears to be related to the hard disk.

Is there anything else I can try?

0 Kudos
fizz
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ box can't access recorded programs or delay TV

I've had two boxes do this. It's a hard disk.failing I.was told by the engineers. It's going to need swapping out I imagine. My current v+ is acting up now too.
0 Kudos
ColinTaylor
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well I phoned up again today as the fault hadn't been fixed after 24 hours as I was told it would be (no surprise there). To VM's credit they are sending out an engineer tomorrow afternoon.

Hopefully it's just a simple box swap.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If there are no signal issues, the end result will be a box swap. What you have to bear in mind is that all V+ boxes are refurbished units, so can be a bit hit-and-miss on reliability.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos