Menu
Sinky1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V+ HD Box - Issues

I have had a number of replacement boxes over the last 18 months and was advised by an Engineer last year that my box would be replaced with a Tivo box by the end of 2016 due to current boxes being obsolete and were all re-conditioned.  I called to report a fault again and have been sent out another V+HD box which will last a couple of months and will have a fault.  I was also advised to scrap my faulty V+ HD and no requirement to send the box back.  I feel that i pay a significant amount of money per month and have been a long standing customer that Virgin Media should replace my V+ HD with a Tivo Box at no cost.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ HD Box - Issues

Not going to happen. The Samsung V+HD is capable of receiving all the channels you pay for so a like for like fault replacement is another Samsung V+HD. A TiVO replacement would be an upgrade.

The only V+HD boxes that are obsolete are the older Scientific Atlanta boxes, which are not MPEG 4 compatible & wont cope with Virgin switching some channels to this standard in the near future.

Its very likely the V6 will become the standard box soon, so don't get too excited about the existing TiVO.

Also, upgrading your deal automatically upgrades your boxes to TiVO & may be cheaper than the legacy deal you are on.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos