Menu
IceWolf762
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V+ Box HD stuck on Ch. 0

Hi all,

We've got an old V+ Box HD (Samsung model) in a spare room that has not been used for quite some time due to no physical TV in said room (we have a TiVO which is the main). Now we have one, when we tried to switch on the V+ box, it booted up but then sticks at channel 0 and you cannot switch channels. We rebooted the box via unplugging the mains, waiting a few minutes and then plugging back in but the same issue happens. No display is on the TV either.

Any advice?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ Box HD stuck on Ch. 0

How was the V+ connected the last time it was used?

HDMI or Scart?

Try plugging a Scart lead into the VCR socket at the back (the top one, not the bottom one) & see if you get a picture that way. Channel numbers will not change if there is a message on the screen requesting an action to be taken.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello IceWolf762,

Thank you for taking the time to post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry that your V+ box isn't working. I'll have a look at this now.

I've been able to access your account via your Forum details and run testing to your equipment. The V+ box is showing non-contactable, so I have sent new signals to the box.

Could you please do a full reboot of the V+ box, unplugging it for a few minutes, and then powering it back up? 

Please let me know how you get on with this. If this doesn't work, I can arrange an engineer for you. I'll go ahead and send you a private message with the appointment details, in case we need to get that scheduled for you, so we can get this booked asap for you. Just check the red envelope at the top left of this screen.

Many Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
IceWolf762
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

All is well now after whatever it is you did your side!

Many thanks. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi IceWolf762,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm glad to hear that your V+ box is now working, looks like it just needed a new signal sent.

Please feel free to get back in touch with me if you have any further queries.

Take care.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos