Menu
Lee-SX
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to record one programme

Hopefully someone can help in the next 90 minutes?

I am trying to record "Home and Away: Revenge" a special which is on 5Star (151) tonight at 7pm on my V+ box, as their are other things we want to watch at that time.

But when I press the red record button it flashes red then goes back to yellow? it is allowing me to record every other programme on that channel tonight (even movies) except the one I want?

I have tried rebooting the box, also tried setting up the recording from the TV guide and from 5Star+1 all have the same problem. I am not recording any other programmes at that time so no idea why their is a problem. If some sort of anti copy setting is on? I would have thought it would also stop me recording movies etc, but I've never had this problem before.

0 Kudos
Lee-SX
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to record one programme

For the record the second special is on tomorrow (Tues 14th) and that has the same problem.

Have tried various progs on various channels and all of them will record except this one?

Must assume there has been something set up to stop this programme from being recorded for some reason?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have had this problem before (V+ not TiVO). It is an error in the EPG & not a problem with your equipment. The trouble is even if you report it the EPG will not update on the box until midnight that day.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Lee-SX
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, so it's a Virgin electronic program guide problem which seems to be limited to this pair of specials, even tried to record it once it had started and it would not let me so not so sure about that? wish I still had the old video recorder set up.

Tried setting up the progs on 5 star to record at 7pm for the rest of the week and they will all record without problem except tonight, not that I really want to record Dance mums Smiley Happy

Annoying as there are no planned repeats on Channel 5 which happens with the regular show.

0 Kudos