Menu
lumatrix
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Teletext interactive service not working in region 10 for last 3 days anybody know what's wrong?

can't get this service. Is it upgrading problem?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Teletext interactive service not working in region 10 for last 3 days anybody know what's wrong?

May be that you have an upstream signal issue. To the right of the channel display on the Samsung V+ boxes, there is a green "Online" indicator. This should be on constantly. If it is flashing or off, then your box cannot request information from the network, & this would be one explanation of the service not working..

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Teletext interactive service not working in region 10 for last 3 days anybody know what's wrong?

Your upstream signal levels are out of spec. This will require an engineer visit to check the wiring & splitters on VM's feed, & possibly adjustments in the street cabinet. You can wait for Huw to revisit this thread & arrange this, or if you dont want to wait, ring 150 from any Virgin phone & talk to Faults.

@Huw_B looks like we may have got to the bottom of this one.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi guys, 

Thanks for the additional information, to be honest with you, I've run testing on the V+ box, and it's showing as offline, this is probably down to online light flashing. 

I'd now like to book a technician to call out for you lumatirx, so I'll send you a private message in order to arrange things for you. 

Many thanks. 

P.S. @nodrogd thank you for your additional questioning, it really has sped things up, cheers

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Lumatrix, 

I'm sorry to hear that you see, to be having an issue with the Interactive service, to be honest with you, I'm not 100% sure of the issue you are having so would have to ask you to expand. 

I've done some checking and can't see any Teletext services, on either our TiVo® box or any of our other boxes, so it may just be this is how you refer to the interactive service. 

Could you let me know, what type of box you are having this issue with? (TiVo® or one of our other boxes)

How do you normally access this service? (is it through the main menu or pressing a red button)

I look forward to hearing further from you. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
lumatrix
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for answering. The problem I am having is with a V+ Teletext news service from BBC.  This has never happened like this before. For days on end the service is unavailable.It is also dropping out as I use it. This service was one of the reasons I kept the V+ box as well as TIVO.  I suspect it may be dropped sooner or later.

Let me know what you think.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

May be that you have an upstream signal issue. To the right of the channel display on the Samsung V+ boxes, there is a green "Online" indicator. This should be on constantly. If it is flashing or off, then your box cannot request information from the network, & this would be one explanation of the service not working..

SU1617jpeg.jpg

lumatrix
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes - I have noticed the Online inicator flashing a lot recently yet never before. Can you advise what to do?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Your upstream signal levels are out of spec. This will require an engineer visit to check the wiring & splitters on VM's feed, & possibly adjustments in the street cabinet. You can wait for Huw to revisit this thread & arrange this, or if you dont want to wait, ring 150 from any Virgin phone & talk to Faults.

@Huw_B looks like we may have got to the bottom of this one.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi guys, 

Thanks for the additional information, to be honest with you, I've run testing on the V+ box, and it's showing as offline, this is probably down to online light flashing. 

I'd now like to book a technician to call out for you lumatirx, so I'll send you a private message in order to arrange things for you. 

Many thanks. 

P.S. @nodrogd thank you for your additional questioning, it really has sped things up, cheers