Menu
PhlyerPhil
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TV anywhere probs

Hi all,

have connected my TIVO to my router.  I have installed the TV Anywhere app on both my and my wifes phones.  This works and we can set progs to record etc without problem.

However thats all we can do.  

Neither of us are able to watch recorded progs on the phones, both samsung androids.  when selecting the programme to watch, we get a greyed out box in which you can see "watch on tv" and / or "watch on phone".  neither are available.  selecting watch on phone brings up a box that states that the channel is not available for streaming - even BBC1....  and if i select watch on Tv i get a different box stating that the TIVO box was not found on the current network and to check phone and tivo are connected to the same network.. Like most people I only have 1....

The Tivo is connected to the Virgin Media Service. 

Anyone got any ideas as to why the watch on phone function will not work, and why seemingly the TIVO isnt registering or being found on the network when it obviously is.  

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV anywhere probs

Hi I think you will be able to watch live programmes via the streaming setting but not myshows or recordings Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV anywhere probs

If you don't have a TiVo V6, then you can't watch your recordings remotely.

The functionality you've observed is correct.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos