Menu
digitalix
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Smartcard is invalid

My V box was off for some time and now I seeing error box which says 'It seems this SmartCard is invalid (Ref 3014)'.

This is my second box from multiroom.

Please help me!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Smartcard is invalid

Hi there didtalix, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm sorry to hear that you've been getting this error. It is usually caused by the set top box being unable to communicate with our servers for some time (Powering off is the main cause of this, however there are other reasons) The best advise to avoid this in future is to leave the set top box powered on, but in Standby - Should you still wish to leave it powered off then, I'd advise to leave it powered on over night (a good 12 hours) once a week. 

I've now sent some signals down to your set top box in order to reactivate the smart card. These can take up to 24 hours to fix the issue, but the majority of the time it's a lot quicker. 

Should you still be experiencing this issue tomorrow, then please let me know so I can investigate further for you. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there didtalix, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm sorry to hear that you've been getting this error. It is usually caused by the set top box being unable to communicate with our servers for some time (Powering off is the main cause of this, however there are other reasons) The best advise to avoid this in future is to leave the set top box powered on, but in Standby - Should you still wish to leave it powered off then, I'd advise to leave it powered on over night (a good 12 hours) once a week. 

I've now sent some signals down to your set top box in order to reactivate the smart card. These can take up to 24 hours to fix the issue, but the majority of the time it's a lot quicker. 

Should you still be experiencing this issue tomorrow, then please let me know so I can investigate further for you. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
digitalix
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for help, now everything works.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator