Menu
stevef
Superfast
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Samsung v+hd hdmi not working

My v+ hd refuses to work when connected by hdmi lead. I've tested the lead and the TV hdmi port both working perfectly but when v+ is connected tv says no input. I've set display settings to hidef hdmi 1080 with scart cable connected it works but if I replace scart and use hdmi then tv only sees the initial box boot up sequence, shows your vm service is just starting etc but about pl30 display stops and TV says no input again. Did I miss some setting ? Or does the box have a problem with outputting hdmi ?

Gone back to scart connection for now :-(

Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung v+hd hdmi not working

One of my TV's does this as well. To get the 1080i picture I have to switch to another HDMI input & then back again, & this solves the issue.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
stevef
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the tip but i tried that without success only way to see a picture is switch it to av1 scart all hdmi ports say no input no matter how many times I switch to them.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stevef, 

Cheers for coming back and posting again Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to read that you've had some confusion here, this doesn't sound fun at all.

I've been looking into this and if the reboot isn't sorting this then I would like to send out an engineer here, the box should be responding correctly.

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

stevef
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Very nice engineer came today and got it working by replacing the hdmi cable, even though it worked when I tested it using another device.

Many thanks for the help and support
Steve
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve,

Thank you for coming back to us with an update and I am so pleased that all is working again for you Smiley Happy

Should you need us again in the future, you know where to find us.  We're here to help if you need us.

Collette.

Forum Team.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos