Menu
DJ_Libs
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Remote issues

Hi. Have just got a new philips 43pus6401 tv. I am all set up can watch and change channels with the Virgin remote but am unable to use the volume and on off buttons to control the TV. Have tried the 0999 and channel up method and also using all device codes with no luck. Any other ideas - don't want to be using 2 remotes all the time!! Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote issues

Hi DJ_Libs

Sorry to hear about the difficulty you're experiencing at the moment.

Some devices don't allow the volume to be changed so your TV might be one of those, I'd recommend clearing the codes you've used and giving it another go using the codes found [on this page] before trying the 0999 method.

You can clear the remote by following:

1. Press and hold down Clear and TV on the remote at the same time until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice
  2. Press Thumbs Down three times, then press OK
  3. The LED will flash green four times and exit programming mode

I'd love to hear how you get on

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DJ_Libs
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI Craig.
Thanks for trying to help.
Even trying to clear the remote seems to be a problem!!!
Have flowed your instructions but after pressing the thumbs down button 3 times I don't get any green lights. I eventually get a long red flash buy no green lights???
Has my remote got some issues? Or is it me - am not normally a person that has tech problems !!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi DJ_Libs

I'm sorry for the continued problems with getting this set up. As you've mentioned, there could be an issue with your remote as we'd really expect those lights to flash when following those instructions.

We're not able to order you a remote via the Community so I'd recommend giving the team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other line so we can get one ordered.

I'd love to hear how it goes

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DJ_Libs
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just an update.

Have had a few issues with the Philips TV (sound turning itself off and not ever coming back on)  so i have returned it and have invested in a Sony KD43X8309C.

I have no arieal as such so just a virginmedia tivo box plugged in to HDMI 1 . All channels can be seen on the TV with no issues changing channels but i can still not get the damn TIVO remote to change the volume in any way even with this different brand of TV.

Again i have been through both methods of trying to connect the remote. I have used all of the codes for the Sony (0302 etc) and tried the up down channel method with no success. The only thing that has happened is that i have been able to access the input selection menu on the tv when doing this (ie a menu where you can choose which HDMI port you want to select) so i know the tv can recieve some kind of message from the remote.

Still when i try to clear / reset the remote with the clear then tv and 3 thumbs i do not get flashing green lights i eventually (maybe 10 seconds) get a long red light.

We have had this remote for quite a few years. Does it sound like a remote issue??

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi DJ_Libs

Thanks for the response, I'm sorry that you're still experiencing this issue too.

It's unlilely to be an issue with your remote but as you've tried most options I'd say it's worth a try. Give our team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other and speak to our faults team about getting one sent out.

Apologies again for the inconvenience you're experiencing, we're looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Craig

0 Kudos