Menu
Annette7
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Powersave keeps turning V HD box off!

My Samsung cable box died and duly reported on a Friday - was told I would have a new box by following Tuesday.   Was up early to await technician (as before) but the new box arrived by post that day instead and was a V HD Box, not what I had before.   I duly phoned to be told that a) they don't do the Samsung box anymore (why wasn't I told that before) and b) it's so simple to connect yourself.   Not when you are a 68yr old pensioner it's not.   Had to get a relative to come and do it for me (but not for 4 days) and ended up taking them 2 hours!   Consequently, I was without cable TV for 1 week!

Now that I am up and running again my frustration is with the 'Powersave'.   I'm usually doing 2 things at once when watching TV (listen as much as I watch)  - half the time I miss the warning screen that comes up and it goes off automatically and no matter what I do with the remote or on/off button on the box it will not come back on unless I pull the plug out!   I am having to do this 2/3 times a day.   Also, some days I look after 2 little ones in the family (who can't read) and they always have their own programmes on.   Unless I sit and watch these programmes with them again 'powersave' takes over.   It's crazy - my TV life is being dictated to me by a machine and why won't it come back on via remote when this happens - unless I'd seen an earlier message and clicked on standby - where I end up having to pull the plug out.

Is it possible to completely turn off 'powersave' whilst I have the TV on so that this doesn't happen?   I'm more than happy to put box on standby when I turn off TV at night, and turn box off completely when I am away but having it 'take over' me during a normal day is driving me mad.  

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Powersave keeps turning V HD box off!

Hi Annette go to home>help&settings>settings>devices>power saving set>select off. Hopefully that should solve it regards Micky

All Replies
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Annette go to home>help&settings>settings>devices>power saving set>select off. Hopefully that should solve it regards Micky

Annette7
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so very much, Micky.    You have saved my sanity and life goes back to normal.  

Sincere thanks

Annette

0 Kudos