Menu
Scottmcmullan8
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Player bundle. Is it Internet channels only?

Hi

I want to get Virgin as it's just been installed in my area. I'm not fussed on these so called steamed or Internet TV channels. Had this with bt and it was poor. Picture dropping out etc during football. Does the player bundle or TV mix pack come with an actual cable line into the house for TV. Or does it just steam the channels using the fibre broadband?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Player bundle. Is it Internet channels only?

Live TV and recordings come through coax

Assuming you get a new V6 box, only catch-up and on demand will come through your normal internet connection.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Scottmcmullan8 wrote:
Hi

I want to get Virgin as it's just been installed in my area. I'm not fussed on these so called steamed or Internet TV channels. Had this with bt and it was poor. Picture dropping out etc during football. Does the player bundle or TV mix pack come with an actual cable line into the house for TV. Or does it just steam the channels using the fibre broadband?

Thanks

Cable TV is carried via linear channels the same as satellite & freeview DTT. Player TV is basically Freeview (with a few channels missing). Mix pack is the lowest tier of subscription TV.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Scottmcmullan8
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So even for the player bundle you get a coax line in?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes. It uses the same coax as the broadband but uses different technology - specifically DVB-C.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos