Menu
LGC123
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Picture pixelation

I have been having problems recently with alot of HD channels where i am experiencing pixelation or occasional freezing of the picture. It can get quite frustrating as it can happen every few minutes. I have tried different HDMI cables and rebooting the Tivo box but nothing seems to work. Was originally told that Virgin would come out to sort it but no joy. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture pixelation

I'd have said that sounds like a signal issue which would need a visit to resolve.

Might have to give them another ring, try the Service Status page to check your setup.
http://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi LGC123,

Thanks for taking the time to join our Community and posting on the Forum. Apologies for the difficulties you're experiencing with your TiVo® HD channels. 

I've been able to run testing to your equipment and everything looks good on the results. Are you still having a problem with the picture pixelating?

Thanks for letting us know that you have already tested with different HDMI cables. 

Does the pixelation happen on all HD channels and recordings, or do you see this happening on SD programmes as well?

Please let me know.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
LGC123
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

It happens on some SD channels but it is definitely worse on the HD channels. It doesn't happen all of the time but enough to be quite frustrating. It can sometimes be really bad but other times not happen at all, either way there is definitely a fault somewhere.

Many thanks!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi LGC123,

Thanks for getting back to me. Does this happen any time of the day/evening/night and during the week as well as over the weekend? 

I'm trying to find out if the pixelation is happening only during peak time periods when usage on the line is high. If you are seeing this happen early in the morning or during the day before 4pm or late at night after 11pm, then this wouldn't be a peak time issue.

If you are having this issue outside of peak time periods, I'll need to verify more details with you and arrange an engineer to investigate this for you. I understand that you've been advised this previously. I'm sorry that this hasn't been done yet.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Thank you,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos