Menu
surfskies
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

NO BBC PROGRAMMES ON V+ CATCH-UP SINCE LAST WEDNESDAY

Any chance of providing an update on this please?

The service status page talks about problems with BBC catch-up on "Liberate boxes" (I assume V+ is the same thing) but it never updates anything. An engineer has been "on his way" since last week! (ref  F004691261).

The BBC's own status page just says "There are multiple programmes missing on Virgin Media Non-TiVo." 

How's about the two of you teaming up to fix the problem or maybe even provide your customers with an update? Is that too much to ask?

Even as I type this I'm wondering why I bother as I know you'll just ignore it. Why is your customer service so pathetic, Virgin?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: NO BBC PROGRAMMES ON V+ CATCH-UP SINCE LAST WEDNESDAY

TiVO boxes have direct access to the BBC's iPlayer servers. Virgin's legacy boxes do not, so rely on catch-up programmes being uploaded to servers at Virgin's cable headends all over the country. There is a finite amount of capacity on these servers, more room was made a while ago by removing HD content on BBC catch-up. Even so, Virgin have only ever offered (or claimed to offer) a "selection" of programmes from catch-up on the legacy platform. The full service will only ever be available via the TiVO platform.

PS. My boxes don't show any BBC content if I select "by day" listings from catch-up, but if I select "by channel" from the list I can select BBC programmes from there.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
surfskies
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm aware of the Tivo/Legacy difference, but that isn't the issue here. Legacy catch-up usually offers most BBC programmes, but there have been none loaded for almost a week now.

This is a known problem as it's listed on VM's Service Status page & on the BBC's status page. My issue is Virgin have had an engineer on route for 4 days now! The message is never updated other than to move the fix date forward 24hrs. I'd like an update as to what the problem is & when (if ever!) they are going to fix it.

I, too, can go in via "by channel", but the most recent programmes there are from last Tuesday.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi surfskies, 

Thanks for your post and apologies it's taken us so long to get back to you here. 

Checking the reference number you've posted above it looks as though that fault was resolved on the 28th August at 8:36pm. 

Since this date and time, have you continued to have the same issue? If so, reboot your box and try again. If you still get the same pop back and let us know as something else will be at play. 

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos