Menu
Doug56
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My VBox doesn't work. Green light is on. Their are 2 dots in display. TV screen says "No signal".

Our VBox stopped working yesterday afternoon (230pm). I was watching a programme, everything was fine then the picture and sound went and a message saying "No Signal" appeared on the TV screen. I've turned the box off for a few minutes and I've pressed the on/off button for 10 secs as suggested in the "Help" screen (PC) but nothing works. The green on/off light is on and there's 2, sometimes 3, dots in the display where the channel numbers usually are. All cable connections seem OK to me. I've tried to use the VM Test Service but that doesn't seem to be working either as I keep getting the following message- "Sorry but test isn't running properly and we need to investigate what went wrong". Hope VM refund me for days lost. Thanks for help in advance.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
ASHMARK
Up to speed
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My VBox doesn't work. Green light is on. Their are 2 dots in display. TV screen says "No signal&

phone 150

James_W3
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My VBox doesn't work. Green light is on. Their are 2 dots in display. TV screen says "No signal&

Just a thought here but maybe it's not actually a fault with the box at all but with aged cabling that is the fault? You may need to put in a request for an engineer to come out and do what is known as an "RG-11 Repull" which involves installing fresh coaxial cable if the old one is no good.

Hope this helps! Smiley Very Happy
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Doug56,

No problem, all you need to do is go to the Virgin Media website and click sign in at the top right.

Once you've punched in your details, you should be automatically directed to My Account. All of your package details will show up on that screen.

All the best  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Doug56,

For a detailed breakdown of your services it would be best to give our team a call.

Give me a shout if you need anything else!

Josh

All Replies
ASHMARK
Up to speed
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

phone 150

Doug56
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Have spoken to 150 and, apparently, their's a hardware problem with the box (Not receiving signal) so they are sending a new one out. We've had this box for over 10 years so I suppose it's done well to last this long especially with the kids using it. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
James_W3
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just a thought here but maybe it's not actually a fault with the box at all but with aged cabling that is the fault? You may need to put in a request for an engineer to come out and do what is known as an "RG-11 Repull" which involves installing fresh coaxial cable if the old one is no good.

Hope this helps! Smiley Very Happy
Doug56
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks James. I'll ask about that.

0 Kudos
Doug56
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

* Update* Have received and installed new V-Box. Everything seems to be working OK now so both card and cable seem alright. Thank you, both, for your help Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Doug56
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for info. Got the box replaced. Seems OK now.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Doug56,

Glad to hear that's all sorted for you!

Come back to the Community if you need anything else!

Josh

Doug56
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, thanks. I'm trying to find out the prices for my Broadband and TV services. VM have changed the site so much recently that I can't find a link to the packages etc. Can you help? I used to be able to bring up the info on my Homepage (My Account) but I can't now. Cheers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Doug56,

No problem, all you need to do is go to the Virgin Media website and click sign in at the top right.

Once you've punched in your details, you should be automatically directed to My Account. All of your package details will show up on that screen.

Josh