Menu
Mazzymo_76
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

MUTV HD

Will you ever get HD for MUTV? If not why when most if not all would prefer it. Very disappointed to find out when I'd just added it that it wasn't HD! (Yes I should've researched more thoroughly beforehand) If no HD soon, adding to the pro sky list for when contract is ending.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: MUTV HD

Some of these HD channels don't appear on any other platform except Sky as they have signed exclusive rights contracts with Sky which may last several years. Virgin cannot even start negotiations until these expire. Bear in mind they are in place for one reason & one reason only. To poach customers like you for Sky's short term gain. Once they have got you & these deals run out the inevitable price hikes follow as the channel is no longer subsidised by Sky.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mazzymo_76,

Welcome to the Community!

Although at this point in time we do not carry the MUTV HD channel, we are always in talks with providers to get new channels and content.

Keep an eye on the Virgin Media Website for updates on our channels!

All the best  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Some of these HD channels don't appear on any other platform except Sky as they have signed exclusive rights contracts with Sky which may last several years. Virgin cannot even start negotiations until these expire. Bear in mind they are in place for one reason & one reason only. To poach customers like you for Sky's short term gain. Once they have got you & these deals run out the inevitable price hikes follow as the channel is no longer subsidised by Sky.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

harrowred
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I agree it is very disappointing not to get MUTV HD. The SD quality on VM is terrible and it just seems to be MUTV. Other SD channels are ok. I think I will reluctantly cancel my £7 extra to get MUTV as it is such a poor picture. I have a new quality TV as well which should upscale.

Mazzymo_76
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yep I reckon I might keep it just for this tour. Just got a new TV too, can't actually believe how bad the pic quality is on MUTV either. Hoping they are able to sort it soon.
0 Kudos
PenPal1999
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I subscribed to MUTV when I was with Sky, but I will not subscribe again until they can provide it in HD on Virgin. 

Crazy for MUTV to limit their own customers, but also typical of Virgin to be the provider that misses out. Make me think Virgin really don't invest in their existing customers, just concentrate on gaining new customers from Sky with the promise of cheaper bill.

Since I have been with Virgin, they have done three price hikes for nothing extra. So the fret of Sky hiking up the price seems rich.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

PenPal1999 wrote:

I subscribed to MUTV when I was with Sky, but I will not subscribe again until they can provide it in HD on Virgin. 

Crazy for MUTV to limit their own customers, but also typical of Virgin to be the provider that misses out. Make me think Virgin really don't invest in their existing customers, just concentrate on gaining new customers from Sky with the promise of cheaper bill.

Since I have been with Virgin, they have done three price hikes for nothing extra. So the fret of Sky hiking up the price seems rich.

Yes it is typical. Sky was instrumental in the setup of the channel, & while it no longer has a stake is still giving them favourable terms for exclusivity. If Sky themselves are not worried about missing out on revenue from over a million+ extra customers they would get from putting Sky Atlantic on VM, MUTV are not going to worry about a few thousand.

& if I remember right Sky imposed two price hikes on their customers last year.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos