Menu
TRT1968
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Landscape Channel

Is there any way that Virgin can renegotiate with Landscape Channel to restore their wonderful service? It sounds odd, but when I first got cable TV around 24 years ago, Landscape would be on most of the day. It's like having a radio on in the background, but better. My daughter, who was a baby then, would sit there and play with that on in the background, classical music mostly. But when the videos with kittens playing came on, usually with Grieg I think it was, she'd stop whatever she was doing and laugh like a stupid at it. She liked the lambs as well.

Anyway, please, please, please can you do some deal or other to get it back on our screens?

And it's not only for home use. So many bars and hotel lobbies etc have some background TV babble on, and they always stick a news channel on, and OMG is that so depressing nowadays? How much nicer would it be to wait for your Chinese Takeaway watching the Flying Scotsman thunder across the Ribblehead Viaduct to the pounding beat of Ride of the Valkyries instead of it being the orange president mouth-flapping some drivelling racist rant?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landscape Channel

The channel moved to an internet version several years ago as transmission & carriage costs became too high. I doubt it will return to broadcast TV in any shape or form.

One of the reasons I originally took cable back in the 1990's was for CMT (Country Music Television), which was at the time cable exclusive. Again the service was removed from Europe with CMT citing "lack of interest" a couple of years later. Well that interest has now returned with the launch of a UK based country music TV channel last year, which I hasten to add is now on every TV platform except one (hint hint).

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
TRT1968
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landscape Channel

Thanks! I did find the Landscape Internet channel, but you can't go full-screen on it. Or at least, I couldn't. They do still offer broadcasters the opportunity to stream their channel in a rebroadcast format.

0 Kudos