an anyone tell me what I have to do - ....trying to just plug it in didn;t work

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want to move my V+ box to a different tv

Firstly, can you make it clear what you are trying to do.

Are you plugging a different TV into the box at its existing location, or do you want the Virgin box moved to a new location?

I hope its the former, as moving a Virgin box is not cheap. Non-fault callouts to change Virgins coax network cabling (which is not a DIY job, as Virgin owns the cable as well as the box) will put you back £99.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
brownowl58
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How much ? OMG .......... but hopefully I just didn't explain myself. .....I currently have a v box in my bedroom. My daughter has a V+ box in her room. She is moving out and I want the V+ box in my room. So cabling is there.
If it can't be done for £0 I will just return the V+ box.
Thank you
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

brownowl58 wrote:
How much ? OMG .......... but hopefully I just didn't explain myself. .....I currently have a v box in my bedroom. My daughter has a V+ box in her room. She is moving out and I want the V+ box in my room. So cabling is there.
If it can't be done for £0 I will just return the V+ box.
Thank you

Ah! that's easy enough. Swapping boxes this is something you can do yourself. Just disconnect the boxes from the mains, & then unscrew the white coax cable from the back. Put the boxes in their new positions, screw in the white cable (you might find a small spanner will help, but don't over tighten), switch the boxes back on & they should work fine.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
brownowl58
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I will give that a try - thank you 

0 Kudos