Menu
Leebee28
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Freeview Channels

I'm new to Virgin TV and surprised to find that some Freeview channels are not available on the basic package. Does anyone know if there are plans for Freeview Channels such as True Entertainment, Blaze, CBS Action, CBS Drama and CBS Reality to be made available on Virgin's basic TV package. Currently I can watch them using my standard digital aerial but obviously not able to record them on the TiVo box.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Freeview Channels

TV is a commercial market. The amount of "Free" channels available on any platform is depenant on how deep the pockets of the channel owner are. There is a cost for every TV platform they join. Some of these choose not to join every platform, some choose to offset their costs by joining one of the subscription packs & taking a cut of the income (The CBS channels are an example of this). You will have subscribe to their channel pack to get them.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

TV is a commercial market. The amount of "Free" channels available on any platform is depenant on how deep the pockets of the channel owner are. There is a cost for every TV platform they join. Some of these choose not to join every platform, some choose to offset their costs by joining one of the subscription packs & taking a cut of the income (The CBS channels are an example of this). You will have subscribe to their channel pack to get them.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Leebee28
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Very helpful, so not all freeview channels are free on Virgin. Thank you for clearing that up for me. I'll look into to how much extra it would cost if I was to add them to my Virgin service but in the meantime I'll continue to watch CBS channels on freeview.
0 Kudos