Menu
happyman123uk
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Extra tv box

I want to add another box to my house in another room just a stardard box NOT A TIVO box

Does anyone know how much it would cost me to get fitted or if I can do it myself and how much a month after it would be on my bill

cheers

Gary

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Extra tv box

As far as I am aware the only options for an additional box ATM is a TiVo or a V6

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The bad news is the standard box IS the TiVO. Indeed this will be superseded by the V6 in the coming years. VHD & V+HD boxes are only issued as fault replacements now as the middleware platform that runs them is working at its limits.

Additional boxes are a manned install, as the coaxial feed has to be split & extended, & the signal levels adjusted to cope with the additional hardware. Adding an additional box to an existing legacy package costs £11.50 a month. Adding one to one of the new packs costs £7.50 a month.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As far as I am aware the only options for an additional box ATM is a TiVo or a V6

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The bad news is the standard box IS the TiVO. Indeed this will be superseded by the V6 in the coming years. VHD & V+HD boxes are only issued as fault replacements now as the middleware platform that runs them is working at its limits.

Additional boxes are a manned install, as the coaxial feed has to be split & extended, & the signal levels adjusted to cope with the additional hardware. Adding an additional box to an existing legacy package costs £11.50 a month. Adding one to one of the new packs costs £7.50 a month.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
happyman123uk
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cheers will give them a bell tomorrow

0 Kudos