Menu
bcolclou
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Customer services for cancelling is a joke - can it be done other than by phone ?

To say I am annoyed is an understatement !

I am moving out of my home in 2 weeks and into rented acomodation for at least 6 months. I tried ringing 150 to contact customer support, but it shows up on the phone as a problem with the line (we never use the landline so haven't noticed this until now). So I had no option than to use my mobile and ring the 0345 number.

After waiting in a queue for 10 mins, I spoke to a customer service representative and gave him all my details. He then said to hang on while he moved away to do the cancellation. Well after between 5-10 minutes of nothing, and no reply from my many 'hellos' down the line, I decided to give up for the night. I assume the 0345 numbers are costly, so this has cost a bloody fortune. Is there any way that this can be cancelled without having to use the phone ? I feel I am being ripped off, especially as their line fault means I can't use the free 150 number.

Well, they certainly have blotted their copy book for when I buy my next house. Because of this service they will be bottom of my list for media service purchase.

1 very annoyed customer :-(

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer services for cancelling is a joke - can it be done other than by phone ?

Not in defence of VM, but as a reassurance to you...

bcolclou wrote:

To say I am annoyed is an understatement !

I assume the 0345 numbers are costly, so this has cost a bloody fortune. Is there any way that this can be cancelled without having to use the phone ? I feel I am being ripped off, especially as their line fault means I can't use the free 150 number.

Well, they certainly have blotted their copy book for when I buy my next house. Because of this service they will be bottom of my list for media service purchase.

1 very annoyed customer :-(

GIYF

"As with calls from landlines, when you call 0345 from mobile, you must, by law, not be charged any more than the cost of the same call to a landline. Essentially you can think of 0345 numbers as being exactly the same as calling a 01 or 02 number."

So it will be included with free minutes if you've a call plan with your mobile.

You could try online chat for cancellations, details are on the "contact us" link

bcolclou
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer services for cancelling is a joke - can it be done other than by phone ?

Thanks for the reply Kippies. Unfortunately I believe that webchat is only available between 9am and 5pm and I am working and unable to ring during these hours. Will have to try again tomorrow evening and tell the service rep to NOT leave me hanging. Still not impressed with them

0 Kudos