Menu
amyysmith90
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Constant phone calls aggravating me!

Hi,

I am being hounded by calls from 0800 183 6403. I am being called 3-4 times a day and I work long shifts so I am unable to answer these calls while at work. Twice I have managed to answer and speak to someone. I was being called to offer me "tremendous discounts" which in reality took my already expensive bill up and i informed the caller that i am not interested. If anything i want to reduce my package. Anyway the callers have not listened either time i have answered and yet continue to call me. I am now at the stage that I am so frustrated i want to leave Virgin altogether. Unfortunately the TV service for other providers in my area is not great (I don't need fancy channels but rely heavily on the Tivo service) and so I am wondering is it possible to downgrade to a TV only package and if anyone on here has this approx. how much is it for the basic package?

0 Kudos
amyysmith90
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant phone calls aggravating me!

I should add that I have been trying all day to speak to someone on webchat but have been unable to and do not have the time to call and speak to customer services

0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant phone calls aggravating me!

I believe you can call customer service and ask them to update your records to not receive marketing calls, but even if this works it may take a few weeks for the calls to stop.

I use a BT branded phone with call bloker. That way I only ever get one unwanted call from any source and thereafter it is blocked.

Callers not in the accept list have to record a short announcement saying who they are before the phone rings. You can then choose wether to accept regect or block. A lot of the time sales or spam callers don't bother and hang up so the phone does not ring.