Menu
rmartane
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Catch Up Poor Picture

Hi

I have recently had Virgin installed (2 days ago) and I have just gone to watch a program on catch up. The program has loaded but the pixels are very poor and the picture quality is very poor as soon as anything moves in the program.

Can anything be done about this?

Many thanks
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch Up Poor Picture

Hi there rmartane, 

Firstly I'd like to take some time to welcome you to the forums and also to Virgin Media. I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to enjoy watching the On Demand and Catch Up shows due to the picture quality, and I'd like to look into things further for you. 

I've run some testing and at the moment it appears that the TiVo® is currently powered off, Should this be the case, could you please power it back on and leave on (Standby is ok) then let us know. However should the TiVo® be powered on at the moment, I'd need to know as well, as it may mean that there are some other issues. 

I have some further questions around this fault that I'd like to ask. What channel did the show originally broadcast on, as shows supplied by the BBC are delivered in a very different way that any other shows on the TiVo® and there could be other things that we need to look at. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
rmartane
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply, the TiVo box is now on however I think it might have been in standby before.

The shows were on ITV and also on another channel but I cannot remember which on but it wasn't BBC.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

Richard
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Richard, 

Thank you for your speedy reply, you were so quick that I still had your connection up on my screen Smiley Happy 

I've just run some testing and can see a few errors with Signal strength and hard drive issues, so it looks like I'll need to arrange for someone to call out and take a look at things. I'll send you a private message in order to arrange this, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on that and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Keithmoss79
Just joined
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Always have really bad pixilating issues with the on demand and catch up services. Makes it very difficult to watch.

Can anyone help.

Many Thanks
0 Kudos