Menu
Roc
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can someone tell me why we were told we had BT sport and European games for free, if on an XL packag

Can someone tell me why we were told we were getting BT Sport and the European games for free, if on the XL package, we are now having to pay £3 per month for the HD channel that no one asked for? 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can someone tell me why we were told we had BT sport and European games for free, if on an XL packag

They didn't actually say it was free they just implied it was, and it's £3 per month because they decided they gain more new customers than they'd loose old customers, it's a cynical numbers game

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can someone tell me why we were told we had BT sport and European games for free, if on an XL...

Hi Roc, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the new price increase. I don't think I would be happy either Smiley Sad 

The extra £3 isn't for the HD version of the channels. The £3 increase is for the channels themselves. Any customers on a lower package such as the M+ or L would also have to pay £3 extra per month should they wish to include the channels. 

We only ever pass on costs like this when we are given them so we're not upping the price to make a profit. 

If you would like us to take a look at your package to see if there is anything we can do for you, give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and the team can take a look at things. 

Let us know how the call goes. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mphippen
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can someone tell me why we were told we had BT sport and European games for free, if on an XL...

Kath, you seem to be a nice, sympathetic type of person. Can I ask, then, do you really think it's fair to impose on a price rise for a premium service - i.e. an expensive sports channel - that people HAVE to take if they want the best selection of drama, kids, documentaries and HD channels?

Having the sport bundled in is one thing, charging more for it because you have decided we ALL want more of it is a bit much, isn't it?

I'm sure you agree, you seem so reasonable.
0 Kudos
NickDavies
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I just don't believe BT are charging £3 a customer for their service and Virgin are passing it on. Business doesn't work like that.   I do believe Virgin wants to maintain its profit margin and the amount paid to BT is considerably less then this, the difference, VAT not withstanding, made up by Virgin's corkage.  That could easily be a quid a customer.

Please be straight with us.  I've been on empathatic customer relations courses too and can see through the schmooze from a hundred miles.