Can I get virgin tv but without the phoneline I already have fibre from virgin

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I get Virgin TV without Landline

I think so (there's even some legislation coming in to force service providers to offer this), but you may find that the price of paying for internet and TV as separate items costs more than it would be to get a bundle that includes phone, TV and internet.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Of course you can but the combination of TV and broadband is likely to be about the same if not more than the same with the landline.

I suggest you have a discussion with Customer Relations through taking options 4 and then 5 once you are through to Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tavis75 wrote:

I think so (there's even some legislation coming in to force service providers to offer this), but you may find that the price of paying for internet and TV as separate items costs more than it would be to get a bundle that includes phone, TV and internet.

The legislation has nothing to do with a phoneline actually being offered, & no doubt having a phoneline on Virgin will still bring heavy discounts to the other services taken with it. Remember also that a phoneline is essential with BT provided services. The legislation is to do with transparency of costs. eg If a company is offering a broadband product for price "B", but to get price "B" you have to take a phoneline costing "A" then the headline price shown must be a total of "A+B", & not as it is now, with price "B" prominent, & price "A" hidden away in the small print.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile