Menu
Hoodles25
Joining in
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Bt Sport HD1 breaking up and unwatchable

Since starting with virgin in August 2014 BT Sport HD1 has progressively got worse and worse to watch live premiership rugby on. The picture breaks up and freezes, initially it only happened occasionally but recently it happened more and more to the extent that yesterday's Leicester v Quins game was unwatchable.

I am reluctant to have my box swapped as I had it swapped a few months ago for iPlayer issues and it made no difference to the BT sport HD1 picture..

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV/Poor-quality-on-BT-Sport-HD/m-p/2507551/highlight/true#M11523...
In this thread on the same thing "Heavy Soul" states that despite having his box swapped twice it turned out to be a problem with a connection at the local street box
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bt Sport HD1 breaking up and unwatchable

Hi there Hoodles25, 

Firstly I would like to welcome you to the forums, and thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear that your enjoyment of BT Sport HD isn't as it should be, and would like to ask some further questions on this matter. 

Does the same thing happen on the SD version?

Does this only happen with the Rugby, or are other shows on BT Sports 1 HD affected?

Does this happen on any other HD channel?

I have run some tests on your set top box and can not see any detectable issues that would cause this fault. Please let me know as i would love to get to the bottom of things for you. 

Cheers and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Hoodles25
Joining in
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi

In short I have decided to leave virgin for a multitude of reasons so this will not be an issue much longer.

To answer your questions though, the SD version was always fine, I didn't watch any other sports but from what I read it happens on football too and all other HD channels work fine.
0 Kudos
Hoodles25
Joining in
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I forgot to add, sorry for the delay in replying. Although you replied on the 13th I have only just been notified by email that there has been a reply to my thread.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Hoodles25, 

I am sorry to hear that you are now leaving Virgin Media. I have watched quite a bit of BT Sports over the last couple of days, and have not experienced the issue that you have described on the HD channel. This may be a local or individual fault that you are experiencing at the moment.

I am more than willing to continue investigating your issue for you, should you wish, though I totally understand if you would rather just let it be for now. 

Should anyone else be experiencing this issue with BT Sports 1 HD, and would like me (or the team) to investigate further, please reply to this post and we will get on the case. 

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
simonwarr
Joining in
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

i am having the same problem with bt hd picture break up and can only watch on sd

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi simonwarr, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear that you too are having an issue with this. 

I've taken a look at your account and it seems as though your signal levels need adjusting. 

We'll need an engineer out to take a look at things. 

I have sent you a private so we can arrange a suitable time slot. Just click on the little red envelope at the top left hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi simonwarr, 

All sorted for you. 

Check your inbox for confirmation of the engineer time. Just click on the little red envelope at the top left hand side of the page to access your inbox. Smiley Happy

Please keep us updated on how the visit went and if there is anything else we can do for you just let us know. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
jdarroch
Settling in
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

i am having the same problem with bt hd picture break up and can only watch on sd

jdarroch

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi jdarroch,

Thanks for coming by and welcome to the Forums Smiley Happy

I'll be happy to help get to the bottom of this for you, as I know these types of faults can be highly annoying.

I have connected toy our box remotely and can see all signal/power levels are fine.  How long has this been happening?  

Is the the issue still happening today?

Keep me posted, I can help further Smiley Happy

0 Kudos