Menu
narm71
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Bill increase - barely into new contract

I became a Virgin Media customer on 20 September 2016. I have just received a standard letter informing me of a price increase of £3.49 per month from 1 November.

I have a 12 month contract which sets out the amount I will pay for 9 months (intro discount) and then the remaining 3 months. It seems completely wrong to me for Virgin to increase the price within that contract - or what is the point of having the contract?

The letter small print gives me the option to cancel - but I don't want to, having just gone through the merry dance of leaving Sky and joining Virgin.

My experience with Sky was that prices would be reviewed (i.e. increased) at the end of each contract renewal - but never within it.

Is this something Virgin normally do? If so, it seems a very sharp practice. I will be calling them today to raise this, but would be interested in others' views.

Thanks

0 Kudos
jdyer123
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill increase - barely into new contract

Virgin media alway increasing their bill which is disgusting because people are trying to manage the package they are on which is affordable for them by increasing extra money on packages is putting people in debts and when you don't pay the first thing they want to do is charge late fee and cut your viewing
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill increase - barely into new contract

If Sky did what you say, it would be the exception rather than the rule. It is industry standard practice that prices can go up within contract, & all providers terms & conditions allow for it. The regulator (OFCOM) has got involved with this, but only to the extent of a ruling that customers in this situation can cancel without penalty. Virgin has always allowed customers to exit in this way even before the ruling, but it has had to be forced on some other providers.

So that is the choice. Pay the increase or leave & go to another provider that will quite likely do the same.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos