Menu
DrewDude
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Ash v Evil Dead audio

Hi,

Could someone from Virgin Media explain what they have done to the audio of Ash v Evil Dead. It is just terrible. Even listening in stereo the sound just gets louder and quieter almost randomly and in 5.1 bits just drop out completely so is virtually unwatchable. Is something going to be done to improve it or are we just stuck with it as is?

Thanks,

Andy

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ash v Evil Dead audio

Hey Andy

I'm sorry to learn about the problem you're experiencing in trying to watch Ash v Evil Dead lately, are you watching this on your set top box or through TV Anywhere? 

Also, what episode are you experiencing this on?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mike13
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Has that come on UK TV yet? I've been wanting to watch it.

0 Kudos
MikeyMyk
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm experiencing this problem also. I'm watching Episode 1 of the HD stream on demand through the set top box.

It's rather like the auto volume setting you can get on a good amplifier (although mine is most definitely turned off).

Good horror relies on the audio; so this programme looks great but sounds just terrible. As soon as any action kicks in the audio drops off. When Mr Raimi tries to surprise you with a loud sound, it's quiet instead. Even the speech mysteriously gets louder and then quieter mid sentence.

If this is exclusive to Virgin, then I assume Virgin paid a lot of money for it and this issue is ruining it! I don't want to watch any more episodes until the audio issue is sorted. 

Hoping the issue can be resolved. Thanks!

0 Kudos
DrewDude
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Set top box.  Firstly through a TiVo and then a V+ box to see if the V+ Box was the issue.  TiVO has 5.1 speakers, the V+ box just through a normal TV.  

Just watched Episode 1 so far.

Cheers,

Andy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

i watched it online a few weeks ago and the audio was horrible on that as well, it seems to have improved somewhat on later episodes

0 Kudos
jimbo8405
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hey

Yeah the sound is horrendous, in every audio format.

Seems for whatever reason Virgin have compressed it so much it really is unwatchable.  Sort it out Virgin, please.

James

0 Kudos
Pagnobito
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I've got this too, currently watching the second episode through Tivo on demand.  I'm not sure but it could be the sound compression algorithm has clipped the dynamic when it gets louder, that doesn't always appear to be the case as it sometimes coincides with the cut between shots.  It always seems to get quieter as soon as the action starts and that is really, really annoying.  Shame because I like the show.

0 Kudos
richlowe32
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Just chipping in with a "me too". I'm really enjoying the show except for the extreme variation in audio volume. This is watching using my TiVo box.

0 Kudos
DrewDude
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Any news on this?

Andy

0 Kudos