Menu
Markige
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Am I just a grumpy troll or should VM twitter not make jokes about service outage?

I want to get a general view on this

Basically VM take pride in casual chat on twitter but they are failing to use discretion

For example when our internet was totally down for an evening I raised it on twitter but no reply so I runf up and they confirmed it would not get fixed until after midnight.

The next day VM twitter casually said maybe if this has happened in the summer I could have thrown some shrimp on the barby..... which is fine but really not appropriate given my wife had to go to a friends 8pm-10pm to prep for a course she had the next day

Am I really just a grumpy old troll to think they should re-assess their social media chat?

I think I'm being a bit of a grump about it, but that I'm right in general... what do you think?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Am I just a grumpy troll or should VM twitter not make jokes about service outage?

I suppose its about choosing an appropriate avenue for complaint and the nature of the response.

Twitter in particular, because it was traditionally a character limited medium and responses tend to be casual, invites the kind of response you got. I'm not saying that is right- obviously with any communication, judging the mood of the complainant and what is an appropriate response is a skill. Not all "social media gurus" working on the medium will have the required skill sets.

So whilst the avenue taken to complain is likely a contributory factor, you are entitled to receive a response that addresses your issues, or advises you of an appropriate avenue of contact to elicit an appropriate response.

So I would agree there is an element of "grumpy old whatever" about it, there is also poorly judged communication on VM's part.

Personally I would come here, or phone in about a complaint, Twitter is just too lightweight- but you should still receive a professional service when you complain.

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Am I just a grumpy troll or should VM twitter not make jokes about service outage?

Yes, come here instead for grown-up, mature, behaviour from the VM Forum Team.

Oh your system has been down for a week Smiley Happy

You are struggling to sort  out your overcharging problem Smiley Happy

Stupid ranks and even more stupid badges, etc.

Oh yes, things are so much more grown-up here. 

Smiley Happy   Smiley Happy   Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

Yes, come here instead for grown-up, mature, behaviour from the VM Forum Team.

Oh your system has been down for a week Smiley Happy

You are struggling to sort  out your overcharging problem Smiley Happy

Stupid ranks and even more stupid badges, etc.

Oh yes, things are so much more grown-up here. 

Smiley Happy   Smiley Happy   Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy

Its all relative though innit?

At least you get an appropriate placatory statement on here, not an inappropriate one...

small steps frank, small steps.....

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

But small steps are not enough. Customers tend to come here because they have an issue to resolve. Those same customers, by definition because they are bill payers, are adults.

So why do the Forum team have a stupid social media, smiley, smiley, type of attitude that is more likely to annoy customers than please them?

Perhaps VM should send the fourteen-year-old who manages these forums back to school and get an adult to do the job instead.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Whilst I agree in some respects, at the end of the day this is not SUPPOSED to be a dry service desk with tickets. Its seen by VM as social media which is really the domain of the brand and marketing lot. Thus it will always be.

The official line has always been 150 for technical help, here for LAN side issues and some help with WAN

I suppose that its an indictment of the service on 150 that here becomes the place of last resort.

0 Kudos
Markige
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

They are also refusing to tell me why they don't have amazon prime video app and sent me here to ask ... what an absolute waste of my time! No replies
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

they don't have amazon video because they are incapable of negotiating a deal with amazon. if you need it , get a roku streaming box , or a fire tv box or stick

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Markige wrote:
They are also refusing to tell me why they don't have amazon prime video app and sent me here to ask ... what an absolute waste of my time! No replies

To be fair they sometimes cannot comment on a potential new service if discussions are underway. There are rumours about the Prime app coming but, at the moment, they are only rumours.

I have both a Fire box and stick but would welcome it becoming an app on the V6/Tivo. It is certainly a benefit having the Netflix app on board.

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Kippies wrote:

, Twitter is just too lightweight

works for Trump. you just need to learn the style...

Virgin down again,  Sad!  terrible deals,  bunch of losers. If i buit it , it would work 24/7.  On all-american Kit

0 Kudos