Menu
jedijamie
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Activation Fee

Has anybody else suffered with hidden charges and not been made aware.

Last week I ordered an additional box for my daughters room and the lady advised that there would be an installation charge of £6.95 and an additional monthly rental payment for the box of £5.

No problem I thought until I received my bill and shocking charges of a £139.00 from a usual bill of £53.00 per month.

Contact was made with Virgin and apparently there was a activation fee of £69.95.  This was never mentioned on the phone.  I have been robbed.  If I had know it was that much I would have never gone ahead

Complaint now made and direct debits cancelled, be careful everyone, I cant be the only one they are pulling this scam on.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activation Fee

Hi jedijamie

I appreciate that you have raised this issue with us and my apologies about the experience that you have had with the charging for the new box.

I can see a complaint has been raised and you should hear something form the teams this has been passed too within the next 10 working days.

Please keep us posted on how this goes.

Kindest regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos