Menu
BatKave
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

6119 - what a pain; what is the solution?

Movies consistently fail to be watched in one sitting. Constant interruptions through error code 6119. Any suggestions on how to fix other than leave to Sky would be hugely appreciated. We have had numerous issues over the last few months with Virgin failing to fix and/or compensate.

Views on how to solve this welcome.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 6119 - what a pain; what is the solution?

Hi BatKave

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm so sorry to hear about the problems you've been experiencing with trying to enjoy your movies lately.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end for you, we're not detecting any issues from our end at the moment although I can see that the set top box has been turned on for quite some time.

If you're able to reboot if after reading this message, it'll allow for some updates to go through. Give the movies another go, if you get the error message pop up again, let me know and I'll take another look!

Hope you have a happy new year and we'll speak soonMan Happy

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
BatKave
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Craig,

Thanks for the message.

Can you define 'quite some time'? Interested to know what you think that is as we switch it off overnight.

I will try to reboot it but it is a pain that you are telling me to pay for another movie as the means to rectify the problem. After the last stop / start movie-viewing experience (hence the error code), I am not exactly inclined to do so.

Let's see what happens after the reboot, which itself is taking an age.

Ben
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Ben

Thanks for getting back to me, I can understand the frustration you're experiencing so I'm sorry to have to ask you to do anything, I really am. 

Let me know when you've ordered a title and what you've ordered, if for any reason it doesn't work then I'll do my best to escalate it so you don't pay for it. I noticed the TiVo had been on for 5 days with some errors reported during that time, which is why I recommended a reboot. 

I'd love to hear how it goes

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
BatKave
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the swift reply.

Duly noted on the title, will do.

The TiVo has not been on for five days straight. That is factually incorrect. We put it into standby each night but don't unplug it, unless that is your definition of 'off', which is ratchet cumbersome.

As I type I can't even access TV services, with a notice saying 'weak or no signal' appearing on the screen. Please look into this ASAP.

This is yet another flaw to the Virgin service.

Ben
0 Kudos
BatKave
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV service has just come on so ignore that part of my previous message.

I look forward to your comments on my other points though.
Ben
0 Kudos
BatKave
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Still waiting for your comments on the TiVo box, as if it is still 'on' when it is on standby then that is clearly a hardware error.

Thanks,

Ben

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben, 

Thank you for your reply, Craig isn't in right now but I can catch up on what's been going on.

To answer your very first question, rebooting would consist of flicking the I/O switch,(at the rear of the box), to the off position and then back on, not in standby. This would be the reason why the system here would have shown you as still online. When in standby, the network is still communicating with the box, downloading updates/schedules etc, and would still effectively be online.

I'm glad that the TV service is back online now and if there's any problems or any questions, please let myself or one the Team know Smiley Happy

Have a good one Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos