Menu
pal299
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

installation cost

is it normal to be charged 50 pounds for install and 14.99 for activation for the new v6 box.

my old tivo box is so slow its driving me mad but i could change the box over myself like i did with the superhub but there was no option for this

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: installation cost

Yes it's normal. They are not letting anyone self-install at the moment (perhaps they may in future).

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It will be £49.95 for the box (if on VIP or Full House 200), £14.95 for activation.

The £40 attended installation charge should be waived/negated on your bill, as there is no quick start option atm.

When a Quick Start option becomes available, the £40 would only be levied if you choose an attended installation. The other charges will still remain.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/TiVo-V6-Pricing-Explained/td-p/3281148/jump-to/firs...

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
pal299
Joining in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

thanks
0 Kudos
Ndola19
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

My install booked for 03/02/17, but hope you guys can help me?

My hub3 is currently in a different room to my TiVo box (but may have to be moved (according to what I have read, to be near the V6 box).

As my desktop is connected to the Hub via Ethernet, how will this work? I definitely don't want to change my desktop to wireless so any ideas how this might work out?

I just read on Pocket-lint.com which claims any additional equipment required will be provided for a small fee during the install. We all know Virgin likes to charge higher than usual prices for items bought from e.g. Amazon. 

Why can't they supply all equipment for free or even run an Ethernet cable during the install as part of the £49.99 they charge? After all I am on 200Mb broadband, XL package (Full House) with a TiVo and a V+ boxes and landline.

Can anyone help?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

A set of powerline adaptors will provide a connection, likely better to use them for the V6 than to move the Superhub.

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Ndola19
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for another quick reply.
I will insist they use Ethernet to connect the V6 box and not move the Hub.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

How far from is it from Superhub to where the V6 would be installed?

0 Kudos
Ndola19
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The other side of the house and at a guess say it's about 55-60M.
I know standard Ethernet cables are way short, but I am sure VM would carry the cable on reels....like most professional IT companies.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

You'll be wanting powerline adaptors then. I've no doubt they'll carry reels of coax, but I highly doubt there'll be any reels of Ethernet cable - they're a cable company Smiley Wink

0 Kudos