Menu
Katieb01
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why can't I connect my smart tv to my v6 box like I was told

I was told I can connect my smart tv to my virgin box via wireless, hence why we chose virgin, its connection in lounge is fine just the other smart TVs in the house?!
0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can't I connect my smart tv to my v6 box like I was told

So just to clarify you only have 1 V6 box.. no other virgin boxes but you think the one box will connect to the other TVs? If that is what you mean, it doesn't work like that you need a box for each TV you want to watch any virgin stuff on. eg we have 4 TV and 4 virgin boxes,, 2 x V6s and 2 x Tivos

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You can connect your Smart TV to your Virgin Superhub wirelessly, but not to any of the TV boxes (including the new V6). This goes not just for Virgin, but all the TV plafrom providers (Sky etc). The connection to the TV must be through HDMI due to the encryption system used in digital TV. There are HD video senders around, but the tech isnt cheap & will cost several hundred pounds.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Katieb01
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I have been midsold this then. Not happy!!! I was told if we had smart TVs we can stream through them. So no need to get more boxes.
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Or get yourself a wireless HDMI sender, although you also need a HDMI splitter, and with all that there's a chance you could have issues with HDMI copy protection..

0 Kudos