Menu
canyondust
Tuning in
Message 1 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Virgin V6 wait

Currently we have a 1TB Tivo box with 150Mb Internet based in West Yorkshire.

We have been enquiring about the V6 box to replace the Tivo for some time (start of Decemeber)

The earliest we have been told miss Feb is the earliest. I see others have already got the V6. Is there any reason for the delay? Based on geography?

Very best.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 32
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin V6 wait

There *should* be no change in the monthly cost (over keeping the TiVo), but you would have the cost of the box, which I believe would be an extra £49.95.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 32
Flag for a moderator

It depends on the availability of installation engineers. So not specifically an area bias, just staffing issues.
gordy66
Up to speed
Message 3 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Ring up 2 or 3 times a week and see if there is a cancelation mine was for February 10th but it's getting installed tomorrow.
0 Kudos
canyondust
Tuning in
Message 4 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Thank you both for your replies.

Very best
0 Kudos
WilliamA
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Worth a quick call even if you're happy to wait. I was given an engineer appointment for today (16/01) but when today arrived without the follow up confirmation email, I went on the chat thing and was informed that they had no record of my ever even ordering the box. I have had to book again.

0 Kudos
canyondust
Tuning in
Message 6 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting me know and sorry your install didn't go to plan.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi canyondust, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to ehar you're wanting to upgrade to the new V6 box.

Engineer availability is different in all areas depending on how many appointments we have available and how many engineers are working etc. 

We will aim to get you installed as soon as possible though and don't forget there may well be a cancellation so it's worth checking to see if we can book you in earlier. 

Have you already booked the February installation date? If not I would book it as soon as otherwise you could be waiting even longer. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
canyondust
Tuning in
Message 8 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Thank you for your message.
Yes we are booked in for February.
The plan is to keep the current TIVO box as a second unit (I forget your exact cost circa £7 per month ) but I was interested in that the cost difference would be to have two V6 boxes as apposed to 1 V6 and 1 TIVO?

All the best
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 32
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There *should* be no change in the monthly cost (over keeping the TiVo), but you would have the cost of the box, which I believe would be an extra £49.95.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi canyondust, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy 

The TiVo® and the V6 have the same monthly fee so it shouldn't go up in price per month but as mentioned by printer elf, there would be a further £49.95 one off cost. 

If you decide to go ahead then get them to add it before install. Otherwise you'd be charged another £14.99 for activation. 

Keep us posted on how the install goes.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos