Menu
SteveG41175
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin V6 HDCP Error

Hello all,

I've recently upgraded from the trustee (albeit slow) TiVo box to the V6. It was sent to me as a self install as all cables into the house are existing.

It was simple to set up, and continued through its software installs with no issues. Once the software updates were complete, and it reset for the final time, it turned back on with a very basic screen saying the following:

The content can not be displayed because your tv does not support HDCP 2.2

To confirm the rest of my setup has not changed, even the cables are the same.

My TV is aging a bit now and is the LG 42LV450U, I have a Sony sound bar too, the HT-CT370, and then the V6 box.

My original plan was HDMI from V6 to soundbar and then using ARC from the soundbar to my TV. I also have an Xbox one and ps4 plugged into the soundbar with the single HDMI to the TV.

I currently use a work around of V6 to TV via HDMI with an optical cable to the soundbar. This is a pain as I'm forever changing TV and soundbar channels.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this? Do I need specific HDMI cables which support certain HDCP standards? I'm not interested in 4k as my TV can't support it... Any help will be appreciated!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin V6 HDCP Error

What resolution output is the V6 set to?

0 Kudos
SteveG41175
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's set to 1080p.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Okay

Mine goes V6>TV via HDMI , then  TV>Soundbar via optical out from TV which means whatever channel or HDMI input I select, I dont need to change owt on the soundbar. Would that work for you (that LG has optical out from specs I found online)

Basically going to the soundbar via HDMI then onto the TV isn't going to work cos the soundbar is not HDCP2.2 compliant (as most aren't), nothing to do with cables. So put that in the chain, V6 says no.- ALL devices in your setup the HDMI passes through to the display MUST be HDCP 2.2 compliant for that standard to work.

You may need to set audio pass through up on the telly.

Does that make sense?

Steve67
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have a simular error. My settlement up is...v6 to splitter box to ysp1600 sound bar then to the Panasonic tv.
When the v6 is reset I have to take all hdmi cables out and have just the v6 into the splitter then insert cables one by next.. the all is ok..
SteveG41175
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks both for your help.

I've ended up linking the V6 ps4 and Xbox one via HDMI straight to the TV with an optical cable to the soundbar. Works well enough, I was just hoping to reduce down to two remotes. Not sure if I can process the V6 remote to control the soundbar though.
0 Kudos