Menu
lee1971
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Very little On Demand HD Movies

Hi, Just joined this week from Sky, I am struggling to get on demand HD movies, can someone help please?

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very little On Demand HD Movies

For over a year now Virgin have had a woeful selection of On Demand films in HD.
When I reported it over a year ago I was told it would be temporary. Clearly their idea of temporary is a lot longer than mine and many other people on these forums.
No one can help you apart from Virgin who have the power to load them onto their system like we had back in 2015.
2017 and we get a faster box but the content is woeful.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi lee1971,

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the trouble experienced with your service. :/

Is it just that there is not enough HD content available for you or are you receiving an error message when trying to access On Demand movies?

Also, are these Virgin Movies that you're trying to access or Sky Movies?

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Nialli
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's the Sky Movies selection, Nat. Up until last year most of them were available in HD, then, without warning, we found that there were only SD versions except for a couple of newer releases. As Lee says, we were told by VM this was only temporary and normal service would soon be restored. But it ain't happened and we now have a diminished on demand service

newsagent
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've not long had Virgin media and was going to ask the same question. I thought there was a setting deep in the menu that I couldn't find to change to HD when available. I still have Sky and nearly every film to stream is in HD, but Virgin's are very poor even though I have Sky cinema in my package.. When is this going to change?

Also some UHD content would be nice.

0 Kudos
lee1971
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat

Yes its Sky on demand movies....also PPV and as of yet no 4K or UHD, I was told by the virgin media rep that all this was available. I feel I've made a big mistake changing as Virgin seems to be stuck in the dark ages but bring out a box which is supposed to all singing and dancing

Nialli
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

And I'm also wondering what happened to the Virgin Media Store that was announced at the same time as the V6 last year?

This is supposed to offer movies to buy and keep (with an accompanying DVD, much like the Sky Store service) and was promised for February but we haven't seen anything further on this yet.

0 Kudos
DouglasKintu
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Oh oh.Smiley Surprised  Just signed up. Hopefully all resolved soonest.

0 Kudos