Menu
se1lad
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

V6 without Virgin broadband?

Is it possible to order the V6 without virgin broadband?  I have my broadband through BT Infinity, and get speeds of 60/17 down and up respectively.  As the cable service in our area is a bit unreliable at times, and have no problems with BT, I don't really want to change my ISP.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 without Virgin broadband?

I can't see why it wouldn't be - the TV would still come down the cable, and the app-based OD content would be served over whatever internet connection is available.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
se1lad
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I phoned in first thing this morning and was told it was not possible.  They did however say not all the product codes were loaded in the system and to call back later.  Tried an hour ago and was told the same, but 5 minutes later the very helpful person I was talking to in retentions called me back and processed my order.  It's being installed Friday morning so much faster than I expected Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi se1lad, 

Thanks for coming here and letting us know about your experience ordering the V6 box. It's great to hear you're being installed so soon. 

If you have any questions or queries pop back and let us know. 

Keep us posted on how the new box works and how the install goes too Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
se1lad
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Spoke too soon - just been called back and told the order has been cancelled as you have to take out Virgin Broadband too : (

Shame - looks like the only way I will get a better TV service is to move to sky, which I really didn't want to do.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi se1lad, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Checking things at this side, it does look as though you will need to have a TV and Broadband service with us in order to have the V6 box. You also need to have a minimum of a 100mb connection. 

We're really sorry you're no longer considering the V6 box with us. Is there anyway we can change your mind and swap your broadband to us too?

thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

D'oh! My apologies.

What speeds would you get with VM?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
se1lad
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Kath,

Thanks for the message - I have been told in the past that the problems with the cables in our street mean we can't get broadband with virgin - we can't have phone either.  It would need remedial work in the street I believe, and as we live on a red route in London the cost to virgin for road closure would be too much.  

In any case, we had major problems a few years back and were without TV service for 4 months, Virgin managed to sort it in the end but no way I could risk that with broadband as I work from home and need a reliable connection.  Plus, I have just started a new 18 month contract for broadband with BT!

I presume there is no other way of getting the V6?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi se1lad, 

That is a shame Smiley Sad

For now there isn't however this may change. If it does I shall certainly let you know.

Apologies. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
se1lad
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Kath,

Thanks for letting me know  - is this likely to be resolved in the near term?   Family are complaining so much about the speed of the existing Tivo I may have to jump ship to Sky (much as I don't want to!) if there isn't a solution offered by Virgin soon.  Interestingly if I create a dummy order now it says I can order 100MB broadband on vrigin (which I couldn't in the past), but I am loathed to spend an additional £25 per month when I already have perfectly satisfactory broadband through BT.

0 Kudos